Well, it’s back to work, so I wanted to use this time to try to download the thoughts from my brain that usually distract me while I’m at my desk.
Many of them occurred to me while away from the house, some of them occurred to me while in the bathroom and a few occurred to me at times it could have led to a car accident.
For a fun side game, try to figure out where each thought occurred!
- If there are no starships on Nimbus III, how the Hell did Sybok—or anyone for that matter—get there? I know J’Onn was exaggerating the point for the sake of saying there were none for hire and/or to fly by private citizens…but come on, man. None? No wonder their economy is in the sh*tter.
- Is there a high suicide rate among fireworks manufacturers the week after July 4?
- “Your going too fast when lights are flashing” was a construction zone speed warning sign in the People’s Republic of Maryland. So at least those tax dollars are helping the school system!
- Should I go to a Halloween party as Bane? All I need is a vest, cargo pants and to buy a mask and to shave my head. Possibly that fab fur–lined coat I’ve seen in the previews, too. I don’t know, this might have to happen.
- Is everyone comfortable with the fact that if I buy a Bane mask, I might wear it whenever I blog? (Also, to casual Fridays at work.)
- Weather forecasters suck across the board. “Imminent Danger” of a severe thunderstorm doesn’t mean “30% chance” in my book.
- The movie theatre where I saw Amazing Spider–Man was pretty boss, and it was in the middle of cow pastures. Step it up, urban areas.
- My wife asked me if I would go see “Magic Mike” with her; I think I said “no” before the sentence was finished. Amazing Spider–Man was the compromise. Victory: Men everywhere, but especially me.
- Why didn’t Han kick the living sh*t out of Lando for the whole Carbon Freeze thing, regardless of apologies? I think Lando owed him a complaint–free beating. Possibly this happened on the Falcon in a moment we never saw?
- Can anyone explain to me the new groundswell of hate for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? It’s suddenly being discussed again. Did I miss a marathon on some cable channel or something?
- If time travel is so easy for the Borg, why didn’t they travel back to the 1800s and just take over the planet then?